Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: The lowdown on Imagine

  1. #1
    Inactive Member historylover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2005
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I noticed there was another post about Imagine, but I didn't want this to get lost in the shuffle so I made another post.

    We are one of those families that have been waiting for the magazine since October. The first time we called, the customer service representative placed it as an order and our account showed it was shipped the next day. After waiting a month, we still hadn't received it so we called back. After talking to a few very nice representatives, we were told that the first person entered it as an order and she should have entered it as a subscription. We were told it would be here within a week or call back.

    Again, after a week, no magazine. So, we called the other night and at first we were told that there were two issues that had gone out and that we would have to wait until the next issue to get ours and that would be in the Spring. Needless to say, that did not sit well with me [img]smile.gif[/img] . We called back and got a very nice gentleman who agreed that what we were told was ridiculous and he would contact the subscription department and take care of it.

    We then received a very nice message from the subscriptions department to let us know that they were personally sending out our copy and we should receive it within a week. If not to contact this person personally.

    Now for the lowdown. Imagine is a test magazine that if successful will be available next year. If it isn't successful, it will not be produced. I still don't understand how they can determine how well it will do when people without children are receiving the magazine from just a doll order and not all doll orders are getting the magazine but then I am not a marketing person. Also, the representative that told us there were two issues was wrong (so don't listen to everything they tell you [img]smile.gif[/img] ) There has only been the test magazine that everyone has been receiving. There will be no more until the magazine becomes available to everyone.

    Hopefully I will not get in trouble for basically telling the whole Internet world about what happened with us, but maybe this will clear up some misinformation. If you haven't received a magazine yet, there is probably a good possibility that you will receive one with your next doll purchase. If anyone from American Girl does read this, I wanted to thank the wonderful customer service gentleman who helped us and the fabulous person in subscriptions who took the time to help as well.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member marisol05's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, from what I was told by AG, Imagine is a Seasonal magazine. So really, just four times a year.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope they decide to make Imagine a real magazine avalible to public!I loved the test issue!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member amyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wish we would all just get one already!!!!
    I would be more than happy to buy one!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •